Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 29, 2018---JANUARY---BARBACOA, PIANO & ENGLISH, LOS TRABAJADORES Y LOS VALIENTES

Barbacoa
We are teaching our land-lady a little bit. We are teaching her how to read the scriptures. Nobody has ever taught her how.  We are good friends, and sometimes she invites us over for some food because she sees us returning from the store with bags of ramen noodles and eggs. She has two sons around our age and knows how needy we can be when it comes to cooking ability. She fed us tacos of barbacoa. Which I found out as I was eating is lamb. It was more tasty when I found out what it was. 

Piano and English
I am the piano teacher and english teacher here in Maravatio. I really enjoy seeing people progress in their knowledge. 

Also I am starting a one month english course to (teach people how to) learn how to read in english. I am doing it more frequently to see if having more followup will help people learn and stay motivated. 

Los Trabajadores y Los Valientes
A taxi driver told us today, "In life, the workers and the brave die first." I thought is a worthy quote to put up. Haha funny, but true. He gave the example of a brave person (no fear, kind of spontaneous) walking into a party jumping around doing all kinds of stuff, and then some other guy getting upset, whips out his pistol and beats the man dead. I then realized that maybe the parties this taxi driver has been do are a little different from the parties that I have been to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment