Saturday, December 3, 2016

Week 1---December 1, 2016---Arriving and Getting Settled, El CCM, Daily Schedule

 December 1, 2016
​​Picture 1: District 6-B at the CCM. Elder Simmons is on my left.​

Family and Friends,

Arriving and Getting Settled
The plane ride over to Mexico City was a close call. There was a lot of airstrip traffic coming into LAX, delaying us almost an hour. This would have been no problem for me usually, but my layover in LAX was only about one and a half hours, therefore giving less than 30 minutes to get to the other side of the airport and check through security. I literally made it within 5 minutes of them taking off. 

The roads are about the width of a regular highway, but they have no lines, and the craziest drivers I have ever seen. There are no driving laws here it seems. Everybody just drives at their own pace and risk. 

Picture 2: District 6-B.​
El CCM
The CCM is a Language Training Center for missionaries. It is located in the Northwestern part of Mexico City.The only language being taught here is Spanish, which makes it easier to be immersed. 

Here at the CCM we are paired up with another missionary, or a companion. My companions (the keyboard has no visible apostrophes, so bear with me) name is Elder Simmons. He is from Burley, Idaho. He is a champ. He is a super good basketball player and a really cool guy. 

Also at the CCM, missionary companionships are grouped into what is called a district. My district has 12 people. We get along well, and I feel blessed to have a district that is happy and relaxed.

Daily Schedule
The daily schedule looks a little like:
6:30 Wake Up
7:00 Breakfast
7:30-12:00 Study (with the district)
12:00 Lunch
1:00-5:30 Study (with the district)
5:30 Dinner
6:30-9:30 Study (with the district)
9:30 Personal Time
10:30 Bed Time

 As you can see, mucho study. Luckily, I think my time spent in school has helped me build an endurance for this type of work. For study we go to a lot of language classes and have a little bit of time for religion study. The meal times are what keep the day broken up, so we love the meals a lot. The amount of study greatly improves language learning, though, which is what I need. I am surprised by the amount of words and grammar I have already learned.

Thanks for all you love and support. Until next week.
Love,
Elder Sweat

No comments:

Post a Comment