Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Week 50~November 13, 2017~CANA, CONOZCA LOS MORMONAS CON AGUA GRATIS, GENEROUS

Caña (CANE)
There were selling caña (cane) on the side of the street for 10 pesos. My companion asked me if I had tried it, and I said no, so he bought a bag. I'm pretty sure it's raw cane sugar in plant form. It has the texture of an apple, until all of the sugar and liquid is sucked out, and then its a mouthful of dried grass. It was super good, but then after like the 6th piece, I got a cavity, so I had to stop. 

Conozca Los Mormonas con Agua Gratis (MEET MORMONS FREE WATER)
We all had the super good idea of handing out free Jamaica water (water made with a flower that they call Jamaica) in the street, with little bags of chicharron (fried pig skin). We went to a super busy corner and started passing out cups of water and the chicharron to everyone we saw. It was a good time, although the majority of the people were just staring at us and wondering why we would do such a thing. 


Generous
The people here are very generous. If they like you, they take care of you. Even if they don't know you. For example we passed by a tortilla shop and they just gave us a tortilla for free. Also, if we visit someone, they will send their kid to go buy a coke or soda to give us. Little things like that are awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment