Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 16---March 13, 2017---TRIPS, MOOSE, HEADED, PHOTOS

Trips
This week we spent a lot of time traveling. We travelled to Mexico City to visit the temple. The temple is viewed as the holiest building we can enter here on earth. The purity and sanctity of the temple is palpable. It is a place to draw closer to God and see the bigger picture of life. I was so grateful to reside in such a peaceful, holy place. The temple is the place where we can rest and focus on the important things of life. I highly recommend everyone to make it a goal to go visit a temple and see for yourself the peace that is there. 

Moose
My companion had to get some money out of the ATM and so I was posted up on the outside just looking out over the calle (street) and then this Moose popped out out of nowhere. It was one of the guys that dress up as a character for a brand and then dance with a sign out in front of there store. So this moose character has the big cartoon eyes and big belly and everything. I couldn't help but stare at him. As I was looking at him, I heard some super dingy club music coming out of the store. Just that kick and snare with just a slimy feel to it. Next thing I know this moose starts busting out some dance moves, shaking his hips and moving all smooth - all while directly looking me in the eye. After about 30 seconds of just sitting in shock, I hurried and hopped inside the ATM to escape the gaze and dance moves of this moose. When I got out of sight, I just died laughing. 

Headed
I am now headed to Mexico City for good. The call came today, and so I will be off on new adventures in DF (another name for the city). The time has moved fast here, and I am sad to leave such a great area and great companion. I am grateful for the people here that have showed us love. So many memories and friends.

Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment