Friday, May 12, 2017

Week 24 (Kobe's Week)---May 11, 2017---ALL YOU NEED IS MEXICAN FOOD, ELDER JONES SE FUE, IMAGINE

May 11, 2017

ALL YOU NEED IS MEXICAN FOOD
I had been cheating on my diet the past few weeks and just eating a lot of unhealthy food. A lot of Americanized food. I think this pattern started to take a toll on my health, and I began to get sicker and sicker. For a couple of days I was just drinking water and eating saltines. But a few nights later, a lady offered us some homemade Mexican food. I wasn't supposed to eat it. I wasn't supposed to, but how can you resist a homemade Mexican meal of tostadas, carne, frijoles, and tres leche cake? So, I ate it. Not only was it delicious, but immediately after, my sickness had left. The Mexican food healed this quarter-Mexican-body. Needless to say, I believe more in Mexican food than American food at this point.

ELDER JONES SE FUE (he went)
My companion Elder Jones has now left the area. He has been sent to another area within the state of Mexico, and so my new companion is Elder Ellsworth. He hails from Bakersfield, California (which is pretty hardcore if you know anything about Bakersfield). Elder Ellsworth is a great guy and we are pumped to continue the work here in Polanco and Lomas de Chapultepec. 

IMAGINE
At times I think to myself "What would my life be if all I had disappeared? Who would I be? What would I do?"  This question may seem purely hypothetical, but in reality, we will pass through times in which we will lose things that we hold dear. Money, possessions, friends, family, health.  If we do not face up to this reality now, we will meet these trials unprepared. But if we have the courage and honesty to answer this question now, we will have the capacity to meet these trials. 

What do we focus on? What do we spend our time doing? What do we desire? If we focus on the Savior and desire nothing more than to draw closer to Him by serving God and our fellowman, then we will be prepared. We will not face these moments empty-handed and alone. We will face them with a knowledge that God stands with us. He will see us through. Money will fail us, possessions will fail us, friends and family may fail us, and our health will surely fail us, but God will not. He is faithful. He is sure. Trust in Him the Rock of Salvation. Que bonito (how nice)

No comments:

Post a Comment