Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Week 36---August 7, 2017---AEROPUERTO, CASTILLO, SLEEPER CELL, MEETINGS, PHOTOS

Aeropuerto
We have spent a good while at the airport here in Mexico City this week. We went 5 times. I kind of like the airport but mostly kind of don't. Sometimes our President of the mission, President Grossen, gets us a milkshake from Carl's Jr. to take an edge off of the airport trip. He is a great man and Carl's Jr. makes great shakes. 

Castillo
Last Tuesday, we visited the Castillo here in the city. There was a lot of history behind it, but when it comes to history that involves people that wore white powdered wigs I don't pay too much attention. I can't explain why, but my attention is just not grabbed. The view was my favorite part. 

Sleeper Cell
Some other missionaries moved their old things into our house this past week. I was cool with it, until I found out their old fridge was a Cucaracha sleeper cell. We came home one night and saw cockroaches scurrying all over. We opened the old fridge and found out that there was a cockroach family reunion going on that night. I couldn't sleep about it, so I had to get my shoe out about it and stomp some cockroaches about it.

Meetings
A lot of meetings transpired over the past week. I love meetings. Usually there is some good discussion that happens, but more importantly there is some good snackage that accompanies the discussion. AKA I just stay quiet, nod my head, add a couple of well-timed sarcastic comments, and focus the majority of my efforts on the snacks.  

Photos
1-3. Views of the city from the Castillo
4. Flattering picture of me viewing those views










No comments:

Post a Comment