Thursday, January 5, 2017

WEEK 6---January 4, 2017---GOODBYES, MADE IT TO THE MISSION, NOTE, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Goodbyes
Last weekend was one of goodbyes. It was our last weekend at the CCM and was a bittersweet experience. I was grateful to have met everyone in the district and especially my companion Elder Simmons. We had a great experience in the CCM. 

Made it to the Mission
On Monday, I officially made it out of the CCM into my mission. My mission is called the Mexico City West Mission. It covers part of Mexico City (the west part if you were wondering) and some cities further west of the city.

When we arrived to the mission headquarters, we were assigned a companion and an area. The area we are assigned to is where we live for the next 6 weeks. We are responsible to take care of the ward (congregation) in the area and also to serve and talk with everyone in the city. 

My companion's name is Elder Edwards. He is from Mapleton, Utah and has been out in the mission for about 5 months. He's a good guy and I'm looking forward to working and learning from him.

My area is Valle de Bravo. The area is beautiful. I don't have any pictures today, but I hope to get some. If you google it, I'm sure you'll see what I'm speaking about. We are right next to a lake. The area is a place for tourists and hang gliders, so they are Americans here too.

Note
The day I will email now is Monday (other than today). 

Happy New Year
Happy New Year! A great time to reset and reevaluate how things are going. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives us a Happy New Year every day if we let it. We are able to become new people, let go of old hurt, and live lives of true peace and happiness. It's never too late. No one is ever too far gone. The Savior loves us all and is anxious to help us change and heal. This belief will transform your life for the better. All fall short, but with the help of God and His Son Jesus Christ, we are made whole. What a great message. So simple yet so powerful.

Love you,
Elder Sweat

No comments:

Post a Comment